AFFORDABLE FAMILY HOUSING
The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Section 8 Program offers rental assistance for income eligible families. Rents are based on a resident’s adjusted gross income which is calculated by subtracting approved expenses from their income. The resident then pays 30% of the adjusted income for rent.
Greenwood Estates (formerly known as Village Green Apartments) is a 120 unit community for low income families in the city of Peoria. The property has undergone a dramatic transformation within the last year, and has now reopened as a safe, secure and beautiful environment for families to enjoy. Greenwood Estates is conveniently located close to downtown Peoria, the Peoria Civic Center, pools and parks.
IMPROVEMENTS & AMENITIES
- Affordable Subsidized Rents
- Becoming a secure, gated community
- On-site and emergency maintenance
- New landscaping and grounds beautification
- A security detail, staffed by off-duty Peoria police officers
- Newly-renovated apartments
- Washer/dryer hookups
- Keyed access
- New energy- efficient HVAC systems
- Ample parking